Weekly Homework Assignments
Week 1 (January 7th – January 11th):
- (1) Reading on Bacons Rebellion Handout and King Philip’s War Handout. ***THESE assignments (i.e., worksheets) will be given out in class, but are attached above via links.
***Worksheets are due Thursday, January 10th***
- All Students will receive a US History workbook. It is YOUR responsibility to bring it to class DAILY & complete assigned pages (refer to student calendar)
- (2) Workbook pages – 14, 16, and 18 –> DUE FRIDAY
Week 2 (January 14th – January 18th):
- Workbook pages – 26, 28, and 30 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Unit 1 MidUnit Quiz = Tuesday, January 15th
- Colonial Portfolio Project Assigned on Monday, January 14th –> DUE Tuesday, January 22nd
- In addition to the Colonial Portfolio Project, students will be given a worksheet over Ben Franklin and the Enlightenment/Great Awakening in class on Tuesday, January 15th. ***THIS WORKSHEET WILL BE DUE ON THURSDAY, January 17th and will be graded for ACCURACY***
- The Ben Franklin portion is a body biography in which students will use the assigned reading to draw and explain 10 items regarding Ben Franklin, his accomplishments, etc.
The Enlightenment/Great Awakening portionis a Venn Diagram in which students will use a reading to compare and contrast these events in US History ***PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE WORKSHEET IS DUE ON THURSDAY, January 17th***
Week 3 (January 21st – January 25th): Monday, January 21st = NO SCHOOL for MLK, Jr. DAY
THURSDAY, January 24th = OPEN HOUSE
- Colonial Portfolio (project) due on Tuesday, January 22nd
- UNIT 1 TEST w/binder check = Thursday, January 24th
- Workbook Pages – 38, 40, & 42 –> DUE FRIDAY
Week 4 HW (January 28th – February 1st):
Workbook Pages – 44, 46, and 49 (DUE FRIDAY)
Constitution Vocabulary worksheet (will be given out in class, but a copy is attached) - MidUnit Quiz, Unit 2 - Thursday, January 31st - Constitution Vocabulary
Week 5 HW (February 4th – February 8th):
- Workbook Page 51 (Due Friday)
- UNIT 2 TEST w/BINDER on Thursday, February 7th
- Federalist/Anti-Federalist Essay (Assigned on January 30th and DUE on Monday, February 11th) – please check the Performance Task Downloads page for further information, graphic organizers, and notes [a day in class with be given for working on the essay]
Week 6: (February 11th – February 15th): NO SCHOOL Friday, February 15th & Monday, February 18th
- Workbook Pages – 53, 59, and 61 (DUE Thursday, February 14th)
- Unit 3 MidUNIT Quiz on EITHER Tuesday, February 12th or Wednesday, February 13th (TBD)
- Federalist/Anti-Federalist Essay (due on Monday, February 11th) – please check the Performance Task Downloads page for further information, graphic organizers, and notes
Week 7 (February 18th – February 22nd): NO SCHOOL Monday, February 18th (Presidents Day)
- Workbook Pages 78, 81, 83, & 85 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Unit 3 Test – Wednesday, Febraury 20th (w/binder check)
Week 8 (February 25th – March 1st):
- Workbook Pages – 88, 90, 92, & 94 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Unit 4 MidUnit Quiz on Tuesday, February 26th
Week 9 (March 4th – March 8th):
- Workbook Pages 97, 99, & 102 (DUE Wednesday, March 6th) –> NOTICE DIFFERENT DATE
- UNIT 4 TEST w/binder on Wednesday, March 6th (workbook page 121 is assigned for AFTER the test)
- RECONSTRUCTION DBQ Mini-Project began in-class on Monday, March 4th –> we will work on in class AND IT IS DUE AT THE START OF CLASS on Tuesday, March 5th!!!
Week 10 (March 11th - March 15th):
- Workbook Pages – 108, 110, 112
- Workbook Page 131 = assigned in class on Thursday, March 14th
MidUnit Quiz for Unit 5 = start of class on Wednesday, March 13th
Week 11 (March 18th – March 22nd):
- Workbook Pages - 142, 144, & 146 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Unit 5 Test w/binder - Monday, March 18th
- Strikes, Labor, and Reform Packet DUE MONDAY!!!
- Unit 5 Test this week (Tuesday, October 23rd)
- Test Essay Options for the Unit 5 Test:
- Analyze HOW and WHY Immigrants were targeted through discrimination in the late 1800s.
- Evaluate whether the entrepreneurs of the Gilded Age were robber barons or captains of industry.
- Identify the reforms of the Progressive Era.
- Hawaii Regime Changes reading w/timeline & Philippine Timeline in class (Tuesday, March 19th)
Week 12 (March 25th – March 29th):
- MIDUNIT QUIZ (UNIT 6) = MONDAY, March 25th–> review your motives of imperialism, Spanish-American War, and TR and the Panama Canal Notes
- Unit 6 Test w/binder = Wednesday, March 27th
- Workbook Pages – 160, 164, 167, & 169 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Americana Think Tac Toe Project (Unit 7) – assigned on Friday, March 29th (refer to assessment downloads tab for project guidelines)
Week 13 (April 1st – April 5th):
- Workbook pages - 172, 174, & 176 (DUE THURSDAY)
- Friday, April 5th = New Deal/Pearl Harbor Unit 7 Test (Unit 7 Test, Part I)
- Americana Think Tac Toe (tenative due dates):
- TTT piece #1: Due Thursday, April 4th (ALL 3 Pieces turned in this date for EXTRA CREDIT)
- TTT piece #2: Due Tuesday, April 16th
- TTT piece #3: Due Thursday, April 18th
- ***Projects NOT turned in on DUE date will receive 30% deduction (per piece that is late)
- ***ALL 3 PROJECT pieces can be turned in Thursday, April 4th for EXTRA CREDIT***
Week 14 (April 8th – April 12th): SPRING BREAK!!!
- Don’t forget that your Americana Think Tac Toe projects are due Tuesday & Thursday after Spring Break
Week 15 (April 15th – April 19th):
- Workbook Pages – 189, 191, & 197 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Thursday, April 18th = Homefront/Battles Unit 7 Test (Unit 7 Test, Part II)
- Friday, April 19th = EOCT REVIEW DAY (PACKET)
Week 16 (April 22nd – April 26th):
- Workbook Pages – 205, 207, 209, & 211 (DUE FRIDAY)
- Additional workbook pages MAY be assigned in preparation for Unit 8 and the EOCT: pages 227, 234 (due throghout the week)
- ***WE WILL BEGIN PREPARATION FOR THE EOCT AS WELL –> Students will receive a review packet***
Week 17 (April 29th – May 3rd):
- Workbook Pages – 221, 223, & 225 (DUE Friday)
- Additional Workbook Pages MAY be assigned throughout the week, and include:
- Page 251 & 257
Week 18 (May 6th – May 10th): [Possibly] EOCT WEEK!!!
- Workbook Page 274?
- EOCT TENTATIVE Dates - May 6th and May 7th (could change)
- EOCT REVIEW PACKET is DUE on the 2nd DAY OF TESTING and is for a GRADE…late = 50% deduction
Week 19 (May 13th – May 17th):
Week 20 (May 20th – May 24th): FINALS!!!
- Final Exam Schedule:
- Wednesday, May 22nd=
- Thursday, May 23rd=
- ***Friday, May 24th = GRADUATION***