Welcome to the wonderful world of not just psychology, but AP Psychology!!!! We can do this… think 4′s and 5′s. Click below to upload the syllabus as well as the tentative pacing guide.
SYLLABUS AP Psych Syllabus 2013-2014
COURSE PLAN AND MYERS TEXT PAGES TO READ This needs to always be in the front of your binder!!!!! AP Psychology Course Plan 2013-2014
PSYCH TERMS TO MASTER: Psych terms
APA formatting website: http://www.apastyle.org/
BOOK WEBSITE… USE IT!!! http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/myers8e/default.asp
SEMESTER FOCUS GROUP PROJECT “How to” and resources:
HOW TO: FOCUS GROUP PROJECT DIRECTIONS
APA Research Outline for focus project (remember, if you do a survey you need to also include a copy of your survey questions) APA RESEARCH OUTLINE for focus research
American Psychological Association http://www.apa.org
My advice to you, the AP Psychology student:
- Remember that your hard work can and will pay off. Most, if not all of you will be required to take psych in college… why not take it now and free up your college schedule, not to mention cost.
- Keep up with your textbook readings. I will be under the assumption that you have come to class having read, and thus knowing the material. In class we will elaborate and expand upon what you know.
- Complete your weekly reading packet and read to learn, not just to “get it over with”!!!!
- Take notes as you read and in class. I will not require it, but this is where your AP self discipline comes in. Do it, you do well. Don’t and you won’t… I guarantee it.
- Remember: you are potentially getting college credit for this class, you will be responsible for much of your own learning and work ethic.
- Vocab. Vocab. Vocab. Know it. Know it. Know it.